The Cannabis Science Club Amsterdam
In order to celebrate the fifth anniversary since its foundation, The Tree of Life, Cannabis Social Club Amsterdam will start a series of lectures and seminars dedicated to cannabis science and medicine. That will mark the beginning of a new department within the association: The Cannabis Science Club Amsterdam. All members of the Tree of life, CSCA will have free access to this new Club and its events by paying their membership fee for the current year.
The seminar: new frontiers of cannabis science
The first seminar will be dedicated to the new frontiers of cannabis science and medicine. This seminar will be held by Ben Euhus. Ben is researcher at the Technion Institute of Technology in Haifa, Israel, where he works in the team under Dr. Dedi Meiri, founder of the Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Cannabinoid Research and initiator of the medical cannabis database, a huge project where scientific research is corroborated by constant patients’ monitoring. A similar project is being developed here in The Netherlands by The Tree of Life, CSCA and its scientific partners.
Since the publication in 2011 of the article by Ethan Russo which for the first time introduced the term “entourage effect” (Russo E., 2011, Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects) a lot has been written about the synergy of cannabinoids and terpenes and the medicinal properties of full spectrum cannabis, but many questions still remain unanswered:
- Is there definitive scientific evidence that the whole plant with all her compounds has an enhanced therapeutic effect, compared with the isolated compounds?
- How far are we from a personalized cannabis medicine based on the unique interaction between specific combinations of cannabinoids/terpenes and the individual endocannabinoid system?
- What’s that best scientific approach and research method to explore the full medical potential of cannabinoids?
- Can cannabis help cure certain types of cancer or other serious illnesses?
- What are other possible applications for cannabis and cannabinoids in the global cannabis industry?
To all these questions we will try to give an answer based on the latest scientific results and insights